The Point of All This Livin’ Is the Dying Yet to Come 5 comments

Posted by grampa in the real shit (Wednesday February 6, 2008 at 10:42 am)

Well, color me shocked.  Heath Ledger died of an “accidental” drug overdose.

Now, of course, it’s being said that it was just a combination of the drugs which caused the death, but the amounts of each in his system aren’t being released.  The family claims that they were all within prescribed dosages.

However, I seem to recall a report of a rolled up $20 bill at the scene, along with packets of an “unknown substance.”  Now, just ignoring the packets, one of the drugs in his system was Oxycontin and, having snorted a whole shit load of those bad boys (before figuring out that you got a lot more out of them if you bypassed the middle man and shot them directly into your bloodstream),  my method of choice for snorting was the rolled up bill, which I would then lick clean of all residue – you know, to get all the good shit.

Now, I’m not celebrating the death of this actor.  As I have written elsewhere, I enjoyed his movies and it really is a loss to the acting community.  However, hopefully the acting community, and the community at large, will take heed and begin to understand that it doesn’t matter if you buy your smack in the warzone in Philly or at your local Walgreens, the shit will fucking kill you.

Sadly, however, no one will notice, no one will change, no one will stop and more people will die.  As long as people make the distinction between “Oh, this is legal, prescribed, I got it from my doctor,” and “Hey man, can a get a bundle?” then stupid people are going to make stupid mistakes and they’re going to die.

View 5 comments